KQ Comics™, we make premium quality Storybooks with reggae music and narration that make your kids want to dance. And sing. Loud. Probably at the top of their lungs, so keep your earplugs handy, or you will be singing the songs yourself at the office. We kid you not. Would you expect any less from our music producer Rupert. But the best part is, your children will be learning without even knowing it, as they sing along with fun, infectious melodies and message laden lyrics, teaching your kids about their human rights, about teamwork, protecting the environment, indigenous creatures, geography, respecting and caring for others.
KQ Comics™’s captivating print and e-books, live readings and events, toys and teaching/learning tools also foster a deeper appreciation for music with colourful, spectacularly illustrated storybooks, reflecting the brilliance and uniqueness of Jamaican landscapes, indigenous animals and culture. No, we did not hire a boss illustrator from Disney, that’s Sanjay’s work, and he is Jamaican born and bred. You could buy the e-audio book but then you would miss out on the tactile fun they will have with our made for kids carry case with the addressable handle. And yes, by now you will have heard, we do events too, some of them with live music and other events where your children are the musicians. Jana leads the readings and events, and although she writes, manages and basically run tings at Reggae Pickney™, her bliss is in performing the readings with the children. So you can book her fi dat too!
KQ Comics™ is Jamaican culture and edu-tainment packaged in the perfect gift for kids who are thirsty for fun stimulating and engaging content, that’s approved by all the relevant authorities. Yes, all our products are listed on the Early Childhood Education Curriculum Resource List for Jamaica because we didn’t print a word without the guidance and help from these folks right here:
- The Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
- Environmental Foundation of Jamaica (EFJ)
- Jamaica Social Investment Fund (JSIF)
- Humane Society International (HSI), USA
- Jamaica Environment Trust (JET)
- Ministry of Education, Youth & Information, Government of Jamaica
- United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), JA & USA
- Caribbean Environment Programme (CEP)
- Dudley Grant Memorial Trust (DGMT)
- Wider Caribbean Sea Turtle Conservation Network (WIDECAST), USA
- United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)