Music Producer, Multi-Instrumentalist, Writer/Composer; Certified Teacher; Sailing Instructor; Partner, Technical Director, On Que Productions Ltd.
Rupert Bent III is a Grammy nominated musician, songwriter, producer and engineer. Rupert “Gypsy” Bent has been offering artistes and audiences consistently top quality production and an alternative to the traditional Jamaican music genres since 1991. Bent was also the Musical Director for international Grammy Winning Artiste, Sean Paul for seven years. Rupert is Jamaica’s top commercial radio and television Jingle Producer, with the top corporate clients including FLOW, Supreme Ventures, JMMB, Singer, and J. Wray and Nephew.
ON QUE PRODUCTIONS is an event, video and audio production company in Kingston, Jamaica, owned and operated by Rupert Bent (Technical Director) and Ian Gibson (Managing Director). On Que Productions has the Caribbean's only 72-track mobile digital recording studio, with live broadcast and digital recording credits including the Cricket World Cup 2007 Opening Ceremony, the annual Air Jamaica Jazz and Blues Festival, and Reggae Sumfest.
After having toured, performed, produced, engineered, and written for countless artistes worldwide, Bent designed and personally built his Recording Studio - a state of the art multi-format production facility capable of 5.1 audio post production and post sync for music, video and film. Post-production work for video and audio projects is done in the Studio - a fully equipped Audio production and Video Editing facility, where Bent also creates and produces music for recording artistes, as well as, radio and television jingles, feature film and documentary soundtracks.
Rupert is also the Music Producer and composer of all the music in the popular award winning educational children’s CD Storybooks entitled, “Shaggy Parrot and the Reggae Band” and “The Reggae Band Rescues Mama Edda Leatherback” feature the voice of Shaggy, and the 3rd in the series, “Brave Turtellini and the Reggae Band - Dolphin Rescue”. Endorsed by several local and international education, funding and environmental organizations including CIDA, EFJ, UNEP and UNICEF, these products have been officially added to the Jamaican Early Childhood Education Curriculum Resource List and are available in local and US gift shops and bookstores, as well as, on the company website www.reggaepickney.com
Rupert earned his Commonwealth Education Trust Teaching Diploma in 2015.
Rupert is also an accomplished sailor, who has either won or placed second in local and international sailing races. He is currently Jamaica’s only American Sailing Association certified Keelboat, Coastal cruising, Bareboat, and Navigation Instructor.
ADDITIONAL PRODUCING AND SONGWRITING CREDITS
- Sound Design for feature film, “Ching Pow - Far East Yardies” 2014
- Audio Post Production for feature film, “Ghett’a Life” 2011
- Co-Producer singles with British Rock n Roll Hall-of Fame Songwriter Donovan Leitch, 2015
- Co-Producer, Live Album for Grammy Winning Reggae Band, Third World, 2015
- Has Toured the world as a musician with Sean Paul; Third World; Damian Marley; Julian Marley; Freddie McGregor; Dennis Brown; Tiger; Shabba Ranks; The Mighty Diamonds; Della Manley; Marcia Griffiths; Black Uhuru and many others.
- Produced and Recorded music for Sean Paul; Damian Marley; Third World's albums, 'Live It Up', and ‘Generation Coming’; Jimmy Cliff: "Rebel in Me"; Gregory Isaacs: "Rumours"; Burning Spear; Beres Hammond; Toots Hibbert; and many others.
- Produced and Co-Wrote the song, “No Bad Mind” placed on the CW11 television series “Privileged”
- Co-Wrote and Produced the song “Time Goes On” on the re-release of Sean Paul’s 2006 Album, ‘The Trinity’.
- Co-wrote and Co-Produced the Polygram-Mercury hit song "Forbidden Love" performed by Third Worldon the 1989 'Serious Business' album.
- Co-Produced, Co-Wrote, Performed and Co-Engineered on the 2007 Grammy nominated Third World album, 'Generation Coming'.
- Worked alongside Sly Dunbar and Robbie Shakespearein production and recording of East-West (France) Records Artiste, Viktor Lazlo, at the Compass Point Studio in Nassau, Bahamas.
- Co-wrote, Produced, Engineered and released under the Gypsy Music label, the hit singles, "You So Fine" (2001), by Jana Bent, “No Regrets” by Jana Bent and Bounty Killer,as well as Jana’s debut album, 'Chase The Sun', which was named Album of the Year for 1999 by the Observer Newspaper, and her second album, “Shadow Girl”, which is distributed worldwide and earned her a International Publishing Administration deal.
- Scored the major Musical Theatre Production "Arawak Gold".
- Co-wrote the song "Beautiful Friday" for Capitol Records' singer, Andru Donalds.